Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Greyhound Friends of Massachusetts - Killing Healthy Greyhounds.... Part 2


In response to Part 1 to the story of Greyhound Friends of Massachusetts destroying two, healthy greyhounds, Yogi & Roller, this blog received this note from "James"...
JamesApril 8, 2013 at 4:20 PMWhere were these dogs owners, Lisa Lussier and Mud River Greyhounds? Why were these dogs in a shelter in the first place? Irresponsible breeders are what causes these unnecessary deaths, not overcrowded shelters which are a result of this breeding.
Here is our response....



Regarding ONLY Lisa Lussier....  Here is her response as to where she was...
"I am ANGRY and HURT! That woman PROMISED me! That woman has my phone number! I would have taken MY dog if I had been alerted of the plan! Oh my dog, do I have stories about this guy! I loved Yogi! I PROMISED HIM he would have a couch someday! OMG I am angry! I could have brought him home if I would have known! It was only a year ago I spoke to Louise and got some phony reassurance! What are my options now? RIP Yogi! I am so sorry! I think Louise Coleman should pay for this and WE need to prevent this from EVER happening again! I am at a big loss in my heart!  Yogi had an option that was not exercised!"
Lisa was not the ONLY option available either.  Other groups, when they found out about this have said, "Why didn't she ask us for help? We would have taken them!"

Primco Yogi
Regardless of the fact that there were options available and not taken advantage of, Greyhound Friends of Hopkinton is listed as a "NO KILL" shelter.  It is one thing to put a dog down because it is sick with little chance of recovery.  It is another to put down a healthy dog with no history of aggression, and that is from Louise's own statement. In addition, this is not the first incident of her destroying healthy dogs.  She admits to putting down 2-3 dogs each year, MANY of which are sick...  NOT all of them.

Dogs bred for a purpose, any purpose, are not irresponsibly bred. If this greyhound "rescue" group has too many dogs, it is beholden upon the operators to say, "not this time".  There are other adoption facilities which do not destroy healthy dogs because they are taking up room and are difficult to find the right home for.  As far as most I know are concerned, these killings were a matter of convenience for this "rescue" group.  They were killed because they were taking up space...  space which could have been occupied by dogs more easily placed which would then bring in more dollars.

For that reason and that reason alone, a "rescue" destroying dogs for convenience, this so called "no kill shelter" needs to be exposed for what it truly is.  They should NEVER get another greyhound.  They should never get another dog.

Yours in greyhounds....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading our blog! Be advised, however, WE DO NOT POST ANONYMOUS comments. If you believe in what you are writing, PLEASE SIGN IT!