Friday, June 5, 2015

Curiosity Killed the Cat...

There's an old saying, "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it."  I've always been a curious person, wanting to know how things work and why, and I've always been satisfied with what I've discovered, bringing my curiosity about things back.  I've been told that curiosity is a sign of great intelligence.  That all great thinkers are curious. None of them accept anything at face value.

Well for some reason, my curiosity got the best of me the other day and I went on a search to find out where Zoe, the greyhound supposedly owned by Carey Thiel and Christine Dorchak (Grey2K USA's President &Treasurer, and Vice President), was licensed.  Yeah...  I went looking for her dog license. Why?  I don't know...  just did.  Records for the town of Somerville, MA were examined...  nothing.  Records for the town of Arlington, MA were examined...  nothing.  No matter which town's licensing data I examined, I could not find anything showing that a greyhound bitch named Zoe was licensed to either a Carey Thiel or a Christine Dorchak!

List of 2014 Greyhound Dog Licenses Issued in Arlington, MA
So, this breeds another question (no pun intended), did the Dorchak family own Zoe or was she actually one of the dogs above?  If not one of the above, then why didn't she have a dog license in the town where she lived?

Is the lack of a dog license indicative of a general lack of ethics on the part of Dorchak & Thiel.  Is this a case of don't do as I do, do as I say?  Curiouser & curiouser...  So many questions! Time for some more digging...  gotta satisfy my curiosity.

Yours in greyhounds....

5 comments:

  1. Do they live inside city limits? Where I live dogs only have to be registered inside city limits. The dogs outside city limits (but still the same town name) do not have to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the Grey2K Annual Report, which can be found on Guidestar, they live in the town limits. In fact, they live in the Arlington Historical District.

      Delete
  2. maybe they didn't register in 2014 because her tag was still good before she passed. Can you look further back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The town of Arlington, MA requires that all dogs 6 months of age and older be licensed on an annual basis on or before January 1. The town's licensing period runs from January 1 to December 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This URL is for the Town of Arlington's licensing requirement. It's a Q & A page. http://tinyurl.com/pxemxgh

      Delete

Thank you for reading our blog! Be advised, however, WE DO NOT POST ANONYMOUS comments. If you believe in what you are writing, PLEASE SIGN IT!